Cyclospora infection or cyclosporiasis (sigh-clo-spore-EYE-us-sis) is caused by a one cell, microscopic parasite. It is spread by people ingesting something (for example food or water) that was contaminated with infected stool. People of all ages are at risk for infection and infection is found worldwide. Prescription medication is available.
From time to time, the Centers For Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) updates its fact sheets and other information on its website. We failed to note that it updated its discussion of Cyclospora infection. We do so now.
For the rest of CDC’s write-up, go here.